Vocational Rehabilitation Eligibility, Referral, and Roadmap
This VR Eligibility and Referral Infographic is available for download as a PDF Handout, Plain Text Document, and High Contrast Handout
VR Eligibility and Referral Plain Text:
Vocational Rehabilitation helps people with disabilities get ready to work, find a job, and keep their jobs. It is sometimes called VR or Voc Rehab.
To get help from VR, you MUST:
- Have a disability
- Have trouble finding or keeping a job because of your disability
- Not be able to get a job without VR’s assistance
- Be able to benefit from VR’s help
To get referred to VR:
- Call or visit your nearest VR office. A staff member will ask you some questions and complete a referral form for you.
- OR complete a referral form yourself and email it to email@example.com.
To Contact VR, call 1-800-563-1221
To find your nearest VR Office, CLICK HERE.
To learn more about the Referral Process, CLICK HERE.
Vocational Rehabilitation has created a Roadmap explains the steps you will take when you work with VR. You can download it as a PDF, view the image, or read the plain text below.
Roadmap Plain Text:
Vocational Rehabilitation Roadmap
1. VR Orientation
- Attend a VR orientation appointment
- Bring a social security card and one other form of identification
- Bring any available records
2. Application and Intake
- Meet with VR Counselor
- Sign application
- Participate in evaluations if requested
4. Write Your Work Plan
- Identify a job goal
- Determine steps needed to reach job goal
- Complete work plan with VR Counselor
5. Participate in Planned Services
- Contact your VR Counselor once a month
- Attend appointments
- Apply for jobs
- Prepare for interviews
6. Get Hired!
- Notify VR Counselor immediately as soon as you get a job
You are Employed!